A fire ravages a clothing store in phase 11 of Mohali

Although the exact reason for the fire is still being determined, it appears to have been caused by a short circuit, said fire officer ML Verma.

ByHV correspondentMohali

Items of value 20 lakh was emptied after a fire broke out in the basement of a clothing store at Phase-11 market on Saturday night.

Fire officer ML Verma said he received a call around 10 p.m. on Saturday that a fire had started in the basement of “Gur Kirpa Garments” and three firefighters had been dispatched to the scene. “As the basement was full of clothes, the fire spread very quickly and all the clothes were burned,” he said.

Verma added that while the exact reason for the fire is still being determined, it appears to have been caused by a short circuit.

Sandeep Kumar, the store owner, said he closed the store around 9 p.m. and on his way home he received a call around 10 p.m. that smoke was coming from his store. When he rushed to the store, he found that the fire had destroyed all the clothes kept in the basement, causing him a loss of almost 20,000,000.

Close story

Less time to read?

Try Quickreads


About Renee Williams

Check Also

17 new fashion arrivals to buy now: Doen, Hill House Home, and more

Finally, the first handbag collection from Pyer Moss has arrived. It is full of architectural …