Whole Foods Market is intentionally recalling certain macaroni and cheese prepared in stores in five states because they contain eggs, which are not listed on the label and which are an allergen.
People who are allergic or sensitive to eggs can have a serious, even fatal, allergic reaction if they eat macaroni and cheese.
According to an announcement with the United States Food and Drug Administration, the macaroni and cheese was sold at Whole Foods Market stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia and Washington, DC
It was sold in containers as well as in family style meal kits with Whole Foods Market scale labels in the prepared foods department, available in hot and refrigerated. The product was also available at the chef’s counter and in the online and dining menus at Whole Foods Market.
The products are no longer on store shelves and no illnesses have been reported.
The specific products recalled are:
- Macaroni and cheese, chef’s case, product code M286501, best by date October 28, 2020.
- Mac and cheese, packaged, product code M263608, best date October 27, 2020.
- Macaroni and cheese, online and catering, product codes M114449 and M109866, deadline October 23, 2020.
- Roasted Chicken Dishes with Macaroni and Cheese and Broccoli, wrapped, product codes M261596, M261580, M261590, M261601, M261608 and M261616, deadline October 26, 2020.
- Fried Chicken Meal with Mac and Cheese, Packaged, Product Code M247257, Best By Date October 25, 2020.
- Fried Chicken Meal with Macaroni & Cheese, Hot Bar Wrapped, Product Code M237444, Best By Date October 24, 2020.
- Rustico Roman Chef Chicken Plate with Mac and Cheese and Broccoli, wrapped, product code M241442, best by date Ot. 28, 2020.
- Chicken Breast Chef Plate with Macaroni & Cheese & Broccoli, wrapped, product code M299430, best date October 28, 2020.
- Barbecue Turkey Meatball Chef’s Plate with Mac and Cheese and Green Beans, wrapped, product code M241464, best date October 28, 2020.
- Roast Turkey Chef Plate with Mac and Cheese and Broccoli, wrapped, product number M242019, best date October 28, 2020.
Customers can get a refund with a receipt.
For more information, call 844-936-8255 between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. on weekdays or between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekends.