“I saw you come in and out…what are you doing?” the guard told Gendron on March 8, according to an account in the document. Gendron replied that he was “collecting consensus data” before making excuses and driving off for his car, according to the account, adding, “Looking back, it was a close call.”
The encounter with the guard at the supermarket was described in a 589-page document posted online on April 29. The document refers to the supermarket as “attack zone 1” and describes two other locations in Buffalo as other attack zones to “shoot all black”. on an apparent reconnaissance trip that laid out the routes of travel to each, the timing needed for each shooting, and the estimate that more than three dozen people would be shot and killed in all.
The document contains many photos of Gendron and uses a Gendron handle used on other social media platforms. The posts contain numerous images of his activities and refer to several events in his personal life, such as a speeding ticket, which the Washington Post confirmed.
Gendron, an 18-year-old from Conklin, NY, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in connection with the Tops supermarket attack on Saturday, in which three other people were also injured before Gendron was arrested at the grocery store. .
The written account says its author was arrested and ticketed for driving 64 miles per hour on a 40-mile-per-hour section of State Highway 36 en route to Buffalo on March 8. The Post obtained a copy of a speeding ticket. issued to Gendron by a New York State Trooper that day that matches these details.
Several images, including detailed sketches of the Tops store layout, were included with the written account of the March 8 visit. He noted that there were “a lot of black people” at the store checkout. A total of 53 blacks and six whites were inside the store during the March trip, according to the account. Police said they are investigating the shooting as a racially motivated hate crime.
The security guard involved in the confrontation during the March visit was one of two black guards present and armed that day, according to the account, which noted the guards’ locations and movements. Authorities said a security guard shot the gunman during the May 14 attack on the store, but the suspect was protected by body armor and allegedly returned fire, killing the guard.
The 589-page document was presented as a compilation of messages posted between last November and April on the Discord messaging platform by jimboboiii, a username also used by Gendron on other platforms. The original messages posted by the account are not publicly available, and Discord representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The document was uploaded to the MediaFire file-sharing platform by an anonymized account in the United States on the evening of April 29. The document was available for download until Monday morning, but was removed after The Post contacted MediaFire for comment.
Derek Labian, chief executive of MediaFire, said in an interview that the account associated with the document had been disabled and its recordings kept for law enforcement.
In a previous statement regarding other Discord messages apparently posted by Gendron, the company said, “We express our deepest condolences to the victims and their families, and we will do all we can to assist law enforcement in the ‘investigation.”
Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said in media interviews Monday that authorities believe the shooter intended to continue his attack at other locations, telling CNN this was based on ” certain documents”.
Mark Berman contributed to this report.